This post is sponsored by Nuffnang and Cadbury.
I have fallen in love with a new kind of chocolate. You know I’m usually a cheese girl. And you know the theory that if Hamish offered me chocolate and Andy offered cheese, I’d fall in love with Andy, even though Hamish is my fave. But I think this new chocolate rivals my love for cheese.
Nuffnang sent me two blocks of their new Bar of Plenty chocolate – Oven roasted hazelnut and cashews flavoured with honey, and berry fruit and crunchy vanilla shortcake. Yum!
Cadbury Bars of Plenty were interesting. Crunchy and flavoursome. Made from naturally delicious ingredients. And of course, smothered in smooth Cadbury milk chocolate. I especially liked the Summer berry and vanilla shortcake because it reminded me of an icecream I used to eat.
I preheated the oven to 180 degrees and greased two biscuit trays. I sifted 1¼ cups of plain flower with ½ a teaspoon of baking powder and set aside. I creamed ¾ cup of brown sugar with 125 grams of butter and a splash of vanilla essence. Then I added a beaten egg to the sugar and butter mix. I added the flour and stirred until a dough was formed. A tablespoon of milk was added to make the dough more moist.
I broke the Berry Fruit and Vanilla Shortcake Cadbury Bar of Plenty chocolate into small pieces and added this to the cookie dough.
I spooned dough rounds onto the biscuit trays. I made about 13. The dough was so delicious I didn’t spoon it all out as couldn’t resist the urge to eat raw cookie dough.
I cooked them in the oven for about 10 minutes until they were golden. I like my cookies soft and chewy. These were perfect. They were chocolatey and fruity all at once.
You can buy Cadbury Bar of Plenty from Coles, Woolworths, IGA and other selected outlets.
I am giving away $50 worth of Cadbury chocolate to a lucky reader! All you have to do is answer the following question in the comments section of this blog entry.
Why are you in love with chocolate?
Winners will be drawn next Friday 17 September! Good luck!
Terms & Conditions:
Nuffnang competition – “Why are you in love with chocolate?”
1. Information on how to enter form part of these conditions. Entry into the competition constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. The name of the person conducting it (the promoters name, address and telephone number)
The competition will be conducted by Nuffnang Australia. Nuffnang Australia’s head office is located at 28 St Edmonds Road, Prahran VIC 3181. Please contact Nuffnang Australia via (03) 8517 2000 or email@example.com
3. Eligibility requirements (including minimum age of participants)
Entrants must live in QLD, WA, ACT, NSW, TAS or VIC to be eligible. The winner will need provide Nuffnang with their contact details in order to be eligible. Participants must be aged 14 and over.
4. How to enter
To enter the competition:
* Participants need to leave a comment on the competition post published on one of the twenty blogs participating in the competition. These blogs are:
* The comment must answer the question “Why are you in love with chocolate?” The most creative and practical answer will be chosen as the winner.
5. Description and retail value of each of the prizes (including conditions, if any, relating to receiving, accepting or using the prizes)
The prize will be products worth up to $50.
6. Closing and drawing dates and time for the receipt of entries in the lottery
The competition closes on 5pm EST on 20 September 2010.
7. The place, date and time of the lottery draw
On Tuesday 21 September 2010, the blogger will choose their own winner and inform Nuffnang Australia.
8. The method used to decide prize winners
The winner will be the entry judged most creative and practical by the judges.
9. How prize winners will be notified (face-to-face, email, phone or mail)
The winner will be notified via the blog they used to enter the competition, and will be asked to provide their email and contact phone number at that time. If they do not respond to the comment within 48 hours, Nuffnang reserve the rights to select another winner.
10. How prizes will be awarded
Once the winner has been notified, Nuffnang Australia will liaise with the winner to have the prize pack sent to them.
11. The method for claiming prizes (including requirement for entrants to be present at the draw)
To claim the prize, the winner must reply to the winner notification and accept the prize within 48 hours of the blog notification, as well as indicate their preferred address for the product to be sent. If the winner does not respond within 48 hours, they will forfeit the prize, and another winner will be selected using the same judging process.
12. Whether results will be published and, if so, the way they will be published
The results will be published on the respective bloggers’ blogs and Twitter (if applicable). Nuffnang Australia also reserve the right to publish the results, including a photo of the winner, in the media.
13. Whether the prize will jackpot or be redrawn if the winning player is not present or does not claim/cannot be found (must keep for 3 months if unclaimed)
Nuffnang Australia will make all reasonable efforts to contact the prize winner. If the prize winner is uncontactable or does not respond to accept the prize within 48 hours of notification, another winner will be selected using the same judging process.
14. Who cannot participate
Nuffnang Australia’s business directors, management and employees, their immediate families, their retailers, suppliers, associated comapnies and agencies are ineligible.
15. Changes to Terms and Conditions
Nuffnang Australia reserves the right to change these terms and conditions. If any changes are made Nuffnang Australia will notify the public via its website.