A few years ago, after the dentist mistreatment, I developed a document called “what to do in an emergency” – that me or Adam could give to healthcare workers when I can’t advocate for myself. I also sent it to my manager at work.
I referred to it in July, when I was coughing and unable to speak a lot. I included a lot of info about ichthyosis and what it means and what treatments I have.
Here is the template. It might be useful for you. Feel free to use/share (copy and paste the text below).
What to know in an emergency
Date of birth
Address and phone number
Medicare number and expiry date
name/s and phone number/s
Ambulance Victoria number
- Ambulance membership / private healthcare fund details
- Name of medical each condition
- Symptoms of medical condition
- List medication allergies, food allergies, airborne allergies etc
- List phobias
- List symptoms of phobias
Treatments and medication
- List medications
- List treatments specific to you (I talked about need for showers, re-application of ointment here)
- List GP clinic and contact details
- List specialist clinics/private specialists and contact details
- List vaccinations and dates of vax
- List anything else that may be useful
Image: three fluffy orange roses.
If this post is useful for you, please consider buying me a drink. Thanks.