I accept guest posts for my blog. The posts are generally about appearance diversity (looking different) and Ichthyosis. I try to run one guest post a month, and have run one each day in May for Ichthyosis Awareness Month.
Are you interested in contributing a guest post for my blog? My readership is large and supportive and I know you’ll be very welcomed and celebrated. Writing your story is so empowering – for you and for others!
If you are interested in writing, please get in touch. I will email you back.
Here are some prompts for the post:
- Tell me about you – where do you live, what do you do, what are your interests?
- Tell me about your condition. What is it, were you born with it or did you acquire it?
- What does it mean for you? Is it medically and socially challenging?
- What has been the biggest challenge?
- What’s been your biggest achievement re your condition and also in your overall life?
- What sort of support have you received?
- What advice would you give to those who look different?
- What would you tell your younger self?
- What’s been the biggest turning point in developing your self confidence?
- Anything else you’d like to add!
And here are some guidelines:
Your guest post should either be in a Word (or Pages for Mac) document or in the body of the email. Please do not embed photos in a word document – send them as attachments. Plain text is preferred – don’t worry about using different fonts or colours.
I will edit the post as I see fit, but will leave your story and voice in your writing. Editing will be for spelling, structure, links and content.
I want to present quality work on my blog, and it can be as much (or more) work editing a guest post as writing my own post. I’d appreciate it if you make it easy for me by using spell check, proof reading your posts for typos and writing in proper sentence structure. Please don’t write your whole post in capital letters. The more care you take with your writing, the better it will be received by readers.
If you are not a natural writer, maybe you can make a video, or tell your story to someone else to write down.
I am unable to pay contributors at this time (I don’t make a lot of money from this blog) but I am very happy to share your websites, blogs and social media accounts with my community. I hope to pay contributors one day. Please send through links you’d like me to share with your guest posts. I’d appreciate it if you shared your guest posts with your networks once they’re published.
You can republish your guest post on your own blog or website after it’s been on mine, but I’d appreciate you writing an introduction saying it’s previously being published, and linking back to the original post.
Thank you so much!